Forum GOSCINNY
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum GOSCINNY

Les véritables Archives Goscinny

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où ...
Voir le deal

advnarayan

3 participants
AuteurMessage
advnarayan

advnarayan Empty
MessageSujet: advnarayan   advnarayan EmptyLun 14 Juil 2014 - 6:01

hello
I am Narayan Radhakrishnan from Trivandrum, India- a huge fan of Goscinny- Uderzo. Forgive me for writing in English- I do not know how to read or write french and seek the help of Google translate to read the various posts in this Forum.
i got introduced to Asterix about 25 years back when I was 12 or 13. Only Asterix was available in India in English and I did not know much about the authors. Then when Internet came to India in 2000 or so- I found that Goscinny had written various other works. thus I began to collect Lucky Luke, Iznogoud, Little Nicolas, Oumpah- pah etc.
Now I have finished reading and collecting most of them.
Wonder if somebody in this Forum can do something about releasing and publishing English translation of Luc Junior, Jehan Pistolet, Benjamin and Benjamin etc.
It was only very recently that a benevolent friend send me a scanlated copy of Uderzo as seen by his friends and Asterix et ses amis- which I had wanted to read for a very long time. I am eagerly waiting for the day when I can read and enjoy Luc Junior, Jehan Pistolet etc. in English
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Genug

Genug

advnarayan Empty
MessageSujet: Re: advnarayan   advnarayan EmptyLun 14 Juil 2014 - 17:12

advnarayan a écrit:
hello
Hi!
advnarayan a écrit:
Wonder  if somebody in this Forum can do something about releasing and publishing English translation of Luc Junior, Jehan Pistolet, Benjamin and Benjamin etc.
I'm afraid we here are just fans, just like you, so there is nothing we can do about publications, which belong to right owners only. I keep being surprised each time I realize that although many things have been published by now, there is still lots of stuff by Goscinny that remain at large. As for Uderzo a complete works is being published.
Lucky63
Admin
Lucky63

advnarayan Empty
MessageSujet: Re: advnarayan   advnarayan EmptyLun 14 Juil 2014 - 20:00

Welcome advnarayan on the Forum !

English versions of Luc Junior, Jehan Pistolet, Benjamin, Valentin don't exist. And we can't translate this comics because like Genug said, we don't own the right and secondly, being a translator is a profession we are not : Transalte french puns in english isn't easy.

But, here, you can find a lot of unpublished or rare text & comics related to Goscinny in french.
With webtranslators and dictionaries, you can make your own translation understanding much.

I'm happy to see that an India is a fan of Goscinny's work, looking for more than Asterix and not only Iznogoud, Lucky Luke and Little Nicolas, especially searching the unrecognized Goscinny's comics.
I hope you find your "sunshine" here ! sunny 

Don't hesitate to reply on threads you want.
https://www.youtube.com/user/bardane24
advnarayan

advnarayan Empty
MessageSujet: Re: advnarayan   advnarayan EmptyMar 15 Juil 2014 - 17:57

I am honoured and happy to read the replies. Asterix has a huge fan following in India..and some 20 years back as a school boy I had gone as Obelix in a fancy dress competition and won a prize for the same.
Iznogoud, Lucky Luke are now avaialbel in India- and I hope that some publsiher takes note of the heavy market in India and rest of thew world and translate Luc Junior, jehan Pistolet etc, to English.
I will be a constant presence in this Forum
regards
Narayan Radhakrishnan
Contenu sponsorisé

advnarayan Empty
MessageSujet: Re: advnarayan   advnarayan Empty

advnarayan
Page 1 sur 1